Have you ever had a question and didn’t know where to find the answer? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
This section is a compilation of answers to the questions most commonly asked by our constituents. Just start by following one of the links below. If you can’t find the question you wanted to ask, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- How old does my child need to be attend Buen Dia?
- When can I apply?
- How do I apply?
- How do I schedule a school visit?
- I cannot visit the school until February, how will that affect my chances of getting in?
- How long is the school visit and what should I expect?
- I have an 18-month year old and am starting to look at schools. Can I visit your school now?
- What are the costs of tuition and other fees?
- How do I apply for Financial Aid?
- I have submitted my application, when can I expect to hear back from Buen Dia?
- I did not get into the school but want to remain in the wait list!
How old does my child need to be attend Buen Dia?
All children applying to Buen Dia must be 3 years old by September 1st of the year they are applying.
When can I apply?
October 1st of the year prior to the school year for which you are applying. Visits are scheduled through the end of February. All applications are due on February 28th 10am (PST).
How do I apply?
Buen Dia invites you to attend a single-family school visit, with your child, you will receive an application to apply at the end of your visit.
How do I schedule a school visit?
No in school visits are happening at the moment. We will be doing Virtual Tours at this time.
I cannot visit the school until February, how will that affect my chances of getting in?
All applications are reviewed together after our admissions period has ended.
How long is the school visit and what should I expect?
The school visit is 30-minutes and is a self-guided observational visit. We ask that you bring your child to your visit. You will have a chance to observe the school and your child is welcome to participate in any of the activities in the classroom. If you have questions during and after the visit, please call the office at (415) 431-3535 and we will be happy to help.
I have an 18-month year old and am starting to look at schools. Can I visit your school now?
We do not schedule visits for families whose child will not be 3 by September 1st of the year they are applying. Please wait to schedule your visit until the year before your child is eligible to attend.
What are the costs of tuition and other fees?
Tuition and Fees
2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS September 2nd, 2021 AND ENDS ON JUNE 15th, 2022.
Full Time (7:45 to 5:30 p.m.): $27,700/year
School Day (9:00 to 3:00 p.m.): $24,010/year
The yearly tuition for each program can be paid in the following ways:
1) ONE PAYMENT PLAN – The entire tuition may be paid no later than August 15th.
2) 10 EQUAL PAYMENT PLAN – The tuition may be divided in 10 monthly installments due by the 1st of each month, beginning with September and ending in June. A $25 late fee will be charged for payments made after the 5th of the month.
• Returning Students: Each year a $500 fee is due on March 1st for returning students. This fee helps support a health plan for the Buen Día staff.
• New Students: A $500 fee is due with Parent Contract to support a health plan for the Buen Día Family School staff. A $1500 Deposit is due with new Parent Contract. The $1500 will be applied toward the families final Tuition Payment and fees.
Extra hours before or after the 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. School Day Program can be arranged with the directors or head teachers, depending on availability. The charge is $16/hour. Please record arrival and departure times on the attendance form.
How do I apply for Financial Aid?
To apply for Buen Dia’s financial aid check the box on the back of your application indicating you would like a financial aid application sent to you. The application, and supporting tax documents, are due by the date indicated on the application.
Buen Dia is a Preschool For All site and accepts Early Learning Scholarships from Children’s Council SF and Wu Yee Children’s Services.
I have submitted my application, when can I expect to hear back from Buen Dia?
Our decision letters will be mailed the first week of March. If you need to know your status sooner, you can call the school and ask to speak to our Admissions Director.
I did not get into the school but want to remain in the wait list!
To remain in the wait list, call the school and indicate you would like your child to remain in the wait list.